To infuse into the Shakespeare Club Members an all-round competent communication capabilities that will facilitate holistic and profound development of well-rounded personality so that they will be sharp-witted in their mind and manners exhibiting excellent attitude and culture for significant success in scholastic & social distinctions.
By means of quality programs and activities for the avid learners of English Language, develop interest, inspiration and love for English Language through the entire genres of Shakespearean works and other eminent literary works of legendary writers so the Members of the Shakespeare Club are empowered to learn with absolute élan the proficient and beautiful expressions of the language along with clear cultural awareness and accurate study skills of Listening, Speaking, Reading & Writing for eloquent articulation leading to marked academic progress and career progression.
- To entrench the Club Members into English Language Immersion through periodic Lectures, Seminars, Workshops, Excursions & Heritage Expeditions
- To inculcate efficiency in the receptive skills of reading for absolute understanding with ease of various Shakespearean and other popular literary works on the one hand and on the other the contemporary language as used in newspapers, magazines and other media.
- To practice writing book review, film review, poetry, essay, article, report, summary, letter, etc. to enable critical evaluation and pointed articulation of various writing styles with an eye for grammar, vocabulary and sentence making.
- To gain optimum sensory acuity of visual, auditory, cognitive, analytical and perceptive capabilities through observing films, videos, audios, audio-visuals, tutorials, documentaries, travelogues, etc.
- To engage in dramatics, theatre, plays, role plays, skits, recitations, declamations, extempore, presentations, storytelling, group discussions, debates and oratorical contests, for the earnest Club members to acquire creativity & eloquence and overcome stage fright with proper phrasing, pausing, intonation, rhythm and matching facial and gestural expressions. While they advance in productive linguistic skills, they will possess excellent emotional intelligence/quotient, as they imbibe qualities of empathy, forbearance, togetherness, bonhomie, leadership, generosity, setback handling, resilience, perseverance, etc.
Activities ( Short Term)
To engage in
- Role plays
- Group discussions
- Oratorical contests
To inculcate reading:
- Various Shakespearean and other popular literary works
- Newspapers, magazines, and other media.
To practice writing
- Book review
- Film review
- Heritage Expeditions
A variety of engaging activities have been conducted with a singular focus on the development of linguistic skills. Communicative competence emerged through speeches, both prepared & extemporised and debates. While more excitement was evident when the participants performed role-play and Shipwreck with zest. Exposure to imagination and articulation came to the fore through story completion with an interesting ends of variety. Presently the club members are enthusiastically preparing to stage the play 'Julius ceaser'.